Thursday 8 September 2011

It's been a while!

Hello there!

What can I say except I’m surprised 3 months have passed since I had the chance to sit back, relax and write! What once was a daily past time seems to be something I long to do now.


I know it’s mostly only my little rambles but everything seems better when I put pen to paper. It seems nowadays the only things I write are lists! Shopping lists, housework lists, work lists, errand lists…. The list goes on but if someone asked me to write my wish list I would have to say that the boxes have been ticked. The film The Notebook has a lot to answer for, it inspired me to document the twists, turns and the journey of life but I think its my OCD’s fault for the list making!

As busy as it is I think I’ve reached my ‘happy place’ I have a wonderful family around us being a great support as Graham and I raise Freya, we live in a nice home, have good friends and I have landed a dream job but of course, being me, I sometimes feel unsettled, like someone’s going to sweep the rug from beneath my feet and it’ll all come crumbling down. All I can do is try my hardest to keep everything as good as it can be and perhaps take a little time out to relax too (I’m struggling with that part at the moment.)

Moving on, this is a pretty momentous week as our darling little daughter reached her 1st birthday milestone on Monday 5th September! I don’t usually struggle with words but its hard to summarise exactly how becoming a parent and raising a child for the first year has felt. Every stage of Freya’s development has brought us a new experience, an abundance of unconditional love and well to be honest, not a great amount of sleep!

Freya has a brilliant personality shining through and I love that I get to play with her and see her smiles and listen to her cheeky giggle. Pee-a-boo is still a favourite although she calls the shots now when she lifts her bib over her face and then reappears with a mischievous look on her face, as she repeats over and over we laugh almost as loud as each other!

When I think of Freya I think about how much happiness she has brought us, how gorgeous her blue eyes are, how lovely her cuddles feel, how exciting it is to be teaching her new things, how rewarding it is when she does something new or reacts to a prompt such as touching her head or nose, just today Freya managed to get the co-ordination right for spoon feeding herself breakfast although she much prefers shoving handfuls of cheerios in! Freya has been cruising around the furniture and walking while holding hands for a while now but she’s yet to go solo, she can say a handful of words which come out randomly most of the time but the most memorable baby babble happened last week when Graham entered the kitchen and she said ‘Hi Dad!’ A proud Daddy moment indeed!

I think that’s all from me for now, time to get tucked up and go to beddie byes too. I wont leave it so long next time : ) I still have to tell you all about how we celebrated Freya's 1st Birthday!
x

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog posts, completely different to mine, but all writing that I like, is inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspiring and touching should I add - you do a good job :-)

    ReplyDelete